Thursday, April 14, 2011

A change of plans

So I am no longer doing photography as a business (as of a year ago). Since we moved to Indianapolis it seemed a little overwhelming to get a new clientele while I was pregnant and settling in. I also decided it's not as much fun when there is pressure to produce something great. I like to do it for fun. I'm happy to do it for loved ones and even people I don't know so well, but I'm not in it for a business. I know I have talent and I plan to keep developing it and making it into something better, but I can do that without making money. It is an expensive hobby, yes, but for now that is what it is. That is how I gain joy from it. My camera feels like a friend to me. I get so excited to get to the computer and upload my new photos and see what I can work with. I am always jotting ideas down for poses, props or backgrounds. I like to look at things from the most flattering angle, even when I'm not looking through the lens. I will keep posting some of my favorite photos every now and again. Hope you still enjoy the blog.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you are still going to post pictures. I would miss your pictures if you just stopped posting them. I know I would see the kids, but I would love to see your other "camera's eye view" shots as well. Love you sis.

    ReplyDelete